Six Colorado State track and field athletes were at the University of Arkansas this weekend for the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships.

The Rams scored four points, two each in the men’s and women’s competition after having Drew Loftin and Katie Yemm each place seventh in the weight throw and mile, respectively.

Loftin threw the weight 68-4.5 on his fifth of six throws to finish in seventh place. Kansas senior Scott Russell won the event with his throw of 80-11.25. In the women’s mile, Yemm placed seventh after running a 4:44.14, behind Liberty senior Heather Sagan. Both athletes earn All-American honors for their finishes in the top eight.

The women’s distance medley relay consisting of Kim Watson, Siobhan Everson-Stewart, Mary Ridder and Elizabeth Roodell placed ninth with a time of 11:26.85.

The Rams came in with the final qualifying time, but were able to place ninth of 12 teams. The event was won by UCLA with a time of 10:58.19. Hannah Metzler placed 16th in the shot put to round out the Rams in the NCAA Championship. She put the shot 49-11.25, while Cleopatra Borel from Maryland-Baltimore County won with a throw of 57-5.

Colorado State will begin outdoor track and field on March 23 at the New Mexico Invitational in Albuquerque.