The CSU men’s basketball team’s thrilling 79-75 overtime victory over Brigham Young was its fourth overtime game at Moby Arena this season, the first time in Moby Arena history there has been that many overtime games at home. The Rams are 2-2 in those games.

/_/ CSU’s victory over BYU marked the first time the Rams have had

three players in the same game scoring 20 or more points since Feb. 24,

1978, in a 100-91 win over Arizona State. Forward Brian Greene scored 22, extending his double digit scoring streak to 25 games, while guard Andy Birley also scored 22 and freshman center Matt Nelson scored 20. The Rams do not have a single player on its roster who was born the last time the Rams achieved the feat.

/_/ Another player who had a solid game against BYU was sophomore swingman Ronnie Clark. Clark, a transfer from Florida Southern and a Division II freshman All-American last season, also has a big interest in working with children. Clark, who has a tattoo on his left arm reading “Influencing Kids With This,” says that he tries to influence kids on and off the court with his personality. “I really love kids,” Clark said, who scored only six points in the contest, but ripped down seven rebounds and was instrumental on defense down the stretch. “In high school, I went to the elementary schools and talked and read to the kids,” he said. “I’ve also been doing it here, going to the local schools. I really love being a mentor to them. Kids just mean a lot to me.”

/_/ The victory over third place Brigham Young helped the Rams avoid finishing last in the Mountain West Conference this season. The Rams were in danger of finishing in the cellar for the first time in decades, but the victory coupled with Air Force’s 49-47 loss to San Diego State helped them vault over the Falcons in the standings and take the seventh seed in the upcoming MWC tournament in Las Vegas.

/_/ The team honored its lone senior, forward Matt Brown, in more ways than one Saturday night. They gave him a standing ovation before the game and issued him a plaque. The Rams then wore knee-high white socks throughout the game like Brown does. “The socks is it,” said junior Joe Macklin, who suggested the tribute and also dished out a team-high three assists in the game. “We just wanted to honor Brownie. He’s worked hard all season and he could have given up, but he didn’t. I’m happy we were able to go out there and win for him.” Brown was moved by the gesture. “I think it brought everyone together.” Brown said. “We all looked a little goofy out there, huh?” n