After knocking off the No. 1 University of Colorado last weekend, the CSU club hockey team will play its final regular season game of the season on Saturday against the University of Wyoming (8-9-1) in Laramie.

The No. 3 Rams are now 20-10-1 on the season, and are looking to complete their bid for an undefeated spring semester. The team has won its last eight games, and faces a Wyoming squad that is currently on a four-game losing streak.

“We’re pretty sure we’re going to win this one,” sophomore defenseman Travis Ellison said. “We just have to play our best, and make sure not to play down to their level.”

The Rams will have one practice after the Wyoming game before leaving for the ACHA National Tournament on Tuesday in New York.

Lacrosse

The CSU club lacrosse team’s season is underway and the top-ranked Rams already have two wins under their belt. The team annihilated the Colorado School of Mines 25-3 last weekend and defeated rival University of Colorado 15-6 on Wednesday to knock Brigham Young out of the No. 1 ranking. The team is looking to defend its USLIA National Championship, its second in three years under head coach Flip Naumburg.

“We have really high expectations for this season,” Naumburg said. “We lost a lot of players but I think we have the depth and talent to repeat (as national champions).”

The Rams will take on Utah Valley State College at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at home on the intramural fields.

“They’re not a big rival,” Naumburg said. “But this team worries me because they could surprise us.”

The Rams will look for offense from preseason All-American and senior captain Mike Napolilli, who had three goals and two assists in the win over CSM. Senior captain Ryan Davis also had five goals and an assist against Mines. n