The college football season officially came to a close Saturday with the last of the college all-star games, the Hula Bowl, rounding out the season.

CSU had two representatives in the Hula Bowl. Senior wide receiver Pete Rebstock and CSU head coach Sonny Lubick both made the trip to Hawaii and represented the North squad.

Lubick was in charge of the defense for the North, which unfortunately lost the interception riddled game, 45-28. Oregon State head coach Dennis Erikson controlled the North’s offense.

Rebstock started the game for the North and received a lot of playing time. Although he made only two receptions in the game, he made a good impression on the scouts in Hawaii during the practice week, some saying he was the most solid wide receiver in the game.

Rebstock also returned a couple of kicks for the North squad.

Hawaii quarterback Nick Rolovich was named South MVP after completing 9 of 17 passes for 163 yards and three touchdowns in the first half, including two to Oregon tight end Justin Peelle. He finished with 171 yards on 10-of-18 passing.

Toledo running back Chester Taylor garnered North MVP honors after a 61 yard, two TD performance.

Heisman trophy-winner Eric Crouch of Nebraska was responsible for three of the games interceptions, two of which came on the first two offensive series. However, Crouch also saw some action returning punts and kickoffs as well at wide receiver and running back.

Steve Spurrier made his final appearance in Florida gear as part of the South’s coaching staff. He was alongside Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops. Spurrier will coach for the NFL’s Washington Redskins next year. n