The CSU hockey team will play Palmer West, a chiropractic school from San Jose, tonight at the Providence Ice Arena at 7 p.m. The Rams are on a two-game winning streak after knocking off No. 1 ranked Utah State 6-3, and handling Metro State 13-0 last weekend. In Palmer West, CSU will face a relatively unknown opponent, according to head coach Brian Sutton.

“We don’t know them that well,” Sutton said. “They’re a new team to us, so we’re going to have to go right at them and use our speed.”

However, the players have used every available resource in order to be prepared for Palmer West.

“We checked their stats on the Internet and they had some impressive numbers,” sophomore Michael Baker said. “We’re going to have to play them like any other team. We have three good lines, so we’ll try to wear them down and get some goals.”

At 13-10-1, the Rams need to keep winning to hold on to the No. 4 ranking in the Western Conference and a berth in the national tournament.

“Our next few games are all must-wins,” Sutton said. “We need to put on a good show for the ratings committee.”

Although the Rams had three players recently leave the team, they picked up five new players, including goalie Aaron Gaddis, who will start again tonight, and forward Josh Bowers, a transfer from Ferris State who now joins his brother Jason on the team. Josh Bowers scored a goal and had an assist in the Utah State game.

“The win verses Utah State was the biggest win of the year,” Baker said. “We need to keep that momentum going.” n